Don’t just take our word for it……99% of our clients would recommend us to family and friends.
Click on an excerpt to read more.
- Dave Rideout - excellent! Perfect balance of professionalism and friendliness!
Mr P Nunnery and Miss S Crooks
- Heather and Lay were an absolute pleasure to deal with
- Exceptional, genuine, positive, experienced and patient. Heather and Lay were an absolute pleasure to deal with, I'd recommend them to anyone
Mr I Williams
- Energetic and Professional
More importantly, I would like to express my thanks to you both and the rest of the team, for the energetic and professional way in which my sale was approached and executed. My property was a challenging project in many ways, but your positive and enthusiastic attitude were, I am sure, major contributors in the final successful outcome. I felt fully informed of the twists and turns of fate throughout the process, and always felt that an honest assessment of the circumstances was being reported to me. Thank you all.
- Helpful and Friendly
- Great service for a 1st time buyer, helpful throughout the process, and happy to take the time to explain things to someone not as experienced like me
Mr T Phipps - Purchaser
- Superb Conduct
- Dear John,
Personal thanks from me for the superb conduct of yours and your firms handling of the sale of Wyndways. As a semi absent son, it's relaxing to know mother's affairs were in good hands. Superb communication and negotiation. Many thanks.
- From the outset we knew we were in safe hands
- Dear Dave,
On behalf of myself and my parents, we would like to extend our sincerest gratitude to you and the team at Heather & Lay, for all your help and support with selling Polkanugga Farm. From the outset we knew we were in safe hands this time! Having tried other companies with no success, we knew immediately that we had finally got the right people and we trusted that you would do the best for us, which is the most important thing.
You know the market, know your sellers and your buyers. We felt confident that all prospective purchasers were thoroughly vetted before they even viewed, to avoid timewasters. Only the right people came to view the house and this resulted in two parties wanting it.
The service you have provided has been impeccable; the professionalism, support and compassion during a very stressful time was second to none.
Everyone at Heather and Lay has been outstanding, but in particular Dave, I genuinely can’t thank you enough. You went above and beyond your ‘job role’ to make this sale happen.
Wishing you all the best for another successful year!
Natalie Hubble Polkanugga Cottage
- Useful Advice
- Mark took time and gave me useful advice. He kept me informed which prompted me to ring solicitors and that moved things forward. The sale would not have been so swift without his advice.
Mrs V Moore
- Always a good atmosphere
- Most of our interaction was with Jill and Jamie but everyone in the office was helpful. Also, clearly a good working relationship between team members. The atmosphere was always good whenever we went into the office and everyone helped / offered information (we lived in Switzerland for 38 years so we were unfamiliar with purchasing a property in the UK).
Mr and Mrs Britton
- Thank You
- Thank you for your help at this difficult time of selling my mothers property; you helped by being efficient, sensitive and knowledgeable
- Jamie kept us up to date at all times as to what was happening, we found the whole process most efficient and personable.
Mr and Mrs Griffin, Vendor
- Brilliant, the whole way through
- Jamie was brilliant the whole way through, he kept everything moving along smoothly, including 'nudging' the vendors solicitors and sorting potential issues really quickly - we really felt he went above and beyond. Super, very helpful and cheerful, Jamie is a fantastic asset to the business.
Mr and Mrs Wright
- Thank you
- Thank you for all your hard work whilst selling our house. Your professionalism and enthusiasm shone throughout the process. It was a pleasure dealing with you all. Particular thanks to Jamie who kept us updated at all times. We are very much looking forward to moving into our new home soon.
- Couldn’t have done more
- Dave and Jamie couldn't have done more to sort out the sale of our house or buying of the new one.
Mr and Mrs James Purchaser
- Fully Informed
- Dave provided an excellent level of service. I felt fully informed and able to completely trust him. Any quesations I had were handled promptly. He did an amazing job keeping the sale on track and securing a buyer given my slightly un-coopperative tenants
- Of the highest quality
- John, Mandy, Jill and Mark were of the highest quality, always ready to help. Professional, wonderful level of communication and reassuring. I have had to deal with a selection of estate agents in the past four years and Heather and Lay stand head and shoulders above the rest. I could not have asked for more. John Lay was patient and knowledgeable and I felt I could rely totally on him. I liked his honesty!
Dr P Barton
- Amazing throughout
- Both Mark and Penny were amazing throughout the purchase. Any query we had was answered and nothing was to much trouble. What could have been a stressful time was made a lot easier. Thank you.
Mr and Mrs Middleton
- Smooth Experience
- We've had a very smooth experience with the purchase. Heather and Lay staff were very professional and good to deal with, lots of support and help from Tim Heather.
Mr and Mrs Dickman
- Thanks to you all
- Thanks to you all at Heather and Lay for your advice and service and for finding a lovely local couple to purchase our garden plot
- Professional Treatment
- To Mandy and the Sales Team,
Many thanks for all your hard work, the new flat is a real blessing. Your professional treatment of the whole process was so appreciated for a first time buyer such as myself, and I've been recommending Heather and Lay many times
- Couldn’t have been more helpful
- Mark couldn't have been more helpful. He went out of his way to accommodate our needs
Dr and Mrs Willis (purchaser)
- Always Prompt and responsive
- Thank you for your professional and friendly advice during our purchase. It was very reassuring to kept informed at every stage with prompt responses and trust worthy guidance, we would recommend you to others and in fact we have !
Mr and Mrs Greenaway (Purchaser)
- Prompt and professional
Mr A Kent
- A first Class Service – Not just in Falmouth but the Cornish Peninsula
- Dear John
We are writing to thank you, and your team, for the professionalism, commitment and support provided throughout our sale.
The service was exceptional, never standard, the envy of your would be competitors. The degree of commitment has been exemplary with everyone, front and back office staff, going that extra mile; a genuine "can do", capable attitude. In fact, a first class (A1) service from the lead Estate Agency - not just in Falmouth but the Cornish Peninsula.
As to personalities, perhaps the most telling comment that we can make is that you are too nice to be Estate Agents! We are sure, too, that there cant be many instances where Agents become regarded and trusted, as friends! It must be pleasing to you that the team work so exceedingly well together and we must also say that Jill's ability to keep track of everything and the guidance that she provides, to clients and staff, is exemplary.
Mr and Mrs Swindell - Vendor
- Cant speak highly enough
- I cant speak highly enough of the service and general interest and care, and I would ways use you in the future.
Mr R Nunn
- First Rate
- Mark, was absolutely first rate!
- Care and Sensitivity
- I appreciate the care and sensitivity shown towards me at what could have been a difficult decision
Mr P Kaye
- The Professionals
- Excellent first rate company to do business with, the price John Lay recommended the house went on the market for was achieved. Great, I felt really cared about, not just another property on the books, they did everything possible to make the sales process as stress free as possible, especially for a first time seller. When you need the professionals, go to the professionals..
Mrs M Mendes (Vendor)
- Huge Thank You
- We'd like to say a huge thank you to Mark (and everyone) for all his help and advice, from start to finish. This is the second time we've brought with him and both times he has been wonderful. Thank you!
Mr and Mrs A (Purchaser)
- They made us feel special
- We cannot express our gratitude enough, for the wonderful standard of care that we received at all times. They made us feel very special.
Mr and Mrs Heath (vendors)
- Best Experience
- This was my best experience with an Estate Agent to date
- Living at the Slipway
- 'We are finding living at The Slipway is extremely comfortable and quiet. Our first winter is cosy and warm thanks to the lovely underfloor heating and we enjoy watching the activity of boats and birds on the water - even over Christmas.. The house is very well specified, with good quality fittings throughout. We like being close to town, with the shops, pubs and restaurants of Falmouth only an attractive walk away.'
Mr and Mrs Swingler
- Excellent staff at all levels!
Mr and Mrs Foote Purchaser
- An example for the profession
- I have found Heather and Lay to be brilliant while selling my flat. Approachable, organised, communicative and helpful! I couldn't ask for more. An example for the profession.
Ms L Doney (Vendor)
- The Slipway – An Owners Perspective
- The Slipway
I am looking at the amazing view as I write. It is framed by a fabulous double rainbow arching from Penryn, right over to its resting place on the river bank opposite. In the foreground, a jumble of sunlit boats and masts. Two minutes later and the wind and rain have arrived and I can barely see the fields where the 'pot of gold' should be. This ever changing view is what I love most about living at The Slipway. The light, the clouds, the colours, the activity on the water all change from minute to minute and never cease to take my breath away. It is a great joy and very calming to just sit and watch it all evolve. In the summer the sunsets over the water have to be seen to be believed.
This is my home, my retreat. It is a beautiful, private space which I really enjoy. The generous open plan living space is light and airy and fronts onto the river. The view through the wide window is the dominant feature, enjoyed even more when the doors are open onto the balcony. My full length corner windows look out onto the marina and up river to Penryn.
The clean, understated, elegant design of the building, both outside and in are very appealing to me. Simple, stylish and no fuss. Clean lines, white walls with oak floors and modern, functional kitchens and bathrooms. All in all, very comfortable and efficient. A private garage below is a real bonus.
The Slipway definitely has that all important ingredient, location. A fifteen minute walk along a wide raised pavement, following the river into town, beautiful views to the left over the water to Flushing, opening up into the full vista of Falmouth harbour and across the Carrick Roads to St. Mawes. To the right, the stunning, historic stuccoed town houses with their sub-tropical front gardens.
Heather and Lay are very attentive agents. They have charmingly and efficiently supported me before, during and since the purchase of my property.
- A great firm to deal with
- "Heather & Lay are a great firm to deal with. Helpful, understanding (sensitive to ones requirements) and reliable as well as totally professional at all times. I thoroughly recommend them to anyone looking for a property."
Mr Brian Gaze – 11th January 2015
- So helpful and efficient
- Thank you so much for being so helpful and efficient. Mark was really super in helping move the sale on as quickly as possible. Systems and communication were excellent
- Genuine and straight talking
- I instructed Heather and Lay as I had dealt with John Lay with previous house sales. John is a genuine, straight talking and caring person which made life so much easier when negotiating. Natalie was a star, professional, caring and kept me informed at every turn. Thank you
- Over and above
- Jill has provided some 'post sale help' over and above her line of duty .... Also Craig acted as telephone directory for us when we needed to find a tyre fitter!!
- Sleep again at night
- Dave, We just wanted to say a huge thank you for being our estate agent and selling for us. I can sleep at night again!!!
The wonderful letter you had printed in the packet earlier echoes our thoughts about you and the team at Heather and Lay. Our first meeting with John Lay immediately restored our hopes and confidence in the stressful business of house selling and we knew we had found the right team. Jill was always lovely especially during your holiday when the boundery issue popped up as was everyone we spoke to.
THANK YOU again.
The Ward family
- Superb – very professional
- We had a very smooth ride from start to finish during the sale of our property due to the efforts of The Heather and Lay team
- Heather and Lay would be right for us..
- From the moment that John Lay walked through the door we knew that Heather and Lay would be right for us. John was a total gentleman and very confident, this continued with all the staff. A great team!
Mr and Mrs Edwards
- Advice and Support
- We had issues with the valuation and mortgage and the sale would have fallen through if your team had not provided advice and support
Mr and Mrs Burley
- Communication is the key
- Just a note of thanks for all that you did throughout the 6 months. Throughout the process, I thought that Heather & Lay and specifically yourself, were totally professional and very helpful and informative. Not exchanging until the day of completion was slightly nerve wracking for me, and I imagine also for the vendors. However, I felt comfortable with your service, that you were looking after both parties, once the process got underway. Communication was key to the success of getting to the completion date, and I felt that this element was very good throughout. I would recommend Heather & Lay.
- Top Notch
- Top notch - from the excellent initial meeting with John at the house to all the follow ups. Selling our family home after fifty plus years was quite an ordeal following the passing of our mother. You guys made it easy for us and kept it simple. We really appreciate the excellent friendly service.
Professor A Penaluna
- Mark was excellent in handling the way the transaction developed, many thanks - he is a credit to your company. Also thanks to Jill, plus the manager, both were also very helpful
Purchaser, Mawnan Smith
- Wish I had come to you first!
Mrs J Moore (Vendor)
- Well done and Thank you
- The whole process went extremely well. We were kept informed at all times, particularly when action was required to keep this moving. Well done and thank you for the moving in card
Mr and Mrs Aldred (Purchaser)
- We Finally Did it!
- Wow! We finally did it! So pleased. Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate all the effort you put in and the extra mile you went to help me.
W Rebett (Purchaser)
- An Asset to the Company
- All staff were great especially Jill and Dave was a diamond! Dave went the extra mile to make sure all went smoothly, he's an asset to the company and a cheeky chappy to boot!!
Mrs S Burridge - Purchaser
- True Professionals
- The service was second to none from the beginning. They informed us at each stage putting us at ease, true professionals... they go that extra mile to ensure things go smoothly
Mr and Mrs McCarthy - Sellers
- Delivering Promises
- The home buying process is rarely easy and both buyers and sellers can feel remote from the process. However, I would say that the staff of Heather and Lay did all they could to smooth the path to a happy completion by always responding to any queries, maintaining frequent contact and being proactive from start to finish. Most importantly, they delivered on their promises and in good time. As purchasers we cannot fault their professionalism and service.'
Mr R Carter
- Helpful and Friendly
- We found all the staff very helpful and friendly at all times. We appreciated the advice Dave Rideout gave us throughout the course of our purchase. Many thanks for the mulled wine and mince pies we got at your open evening!!
Mr and Mrs Sayers
- Thank you
- "Heather and lay, can we thank you for your professional handling of the sale of our property, to align a purchaser who fitted the requirement of this particular property, thereby eliminating time wasting potential purchasers who were not likely to get to a position to proceed to contract/ completion, we will recommend you to anyone considering going to the market to sell, once again thank you"
Mr and Mrs Nichols
- A big thank you
- I Just wanted to say a big thank you for your help over the last 6 months its been a rollacoaster ride, but you've made it that little bit less stressful with your knowledge and honesty. I would highly recommend you to anyone buying or selling. Wishing you all the best for the future.
Miss C Wilkes
- Trust from the start
- Dave came and saw me and from the start I knew I could trust him. He told me he would sell my house within a week and true to his word he did!! During the sales process I had some stress applied to me from the developers and he even helped me to sort this out and he told them to 'leave me alone' and stop putting pressure on me . He did this even though he wouldn't get any benefit to himself. He has been so easy to talk to and understand my position. He has been very kind and helpful throughout. He even fell in love with my dog and took a picture of him and put it on my fridge as a surprise. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them in the future.
Mr C Brookes
- Residential Lettings – (Mrs N)
- “Letting a property on behalf of an elderly aunt and living at a considerable distance means that I need to place a great deal of trust in the agent managing it. The service I have received from Jessica Cowen, Letting Manager at Heather and Lay, has been exceptional. She has guided me through the whole process, advising me about updating the property, overseeing the building work and finding suitable tenants while keeping me informed at all stages. She has been highly professional, efficient and entirely reliable. It’s a joy to find such good service”
- Excellent Service
- "Just a quick note to say Thank you very much for your excellent service - our recent transaction was by no means straight forward and both Kate and I felt that you really went the extra mile to smooth the way to a final agreement. Your approach was extremely even-handed and I feel that both vendor and purchaser have every reason to feel well served by you. And all without a cross word!
Mr and Mrs C
- Enthusiastic and Knowledgeable
- "As you are aware my husband and I recently viewed Lower Penelewey, Feock which, after a lot of consideration, we decided not to proceed with. However, we both commented on the professionalism of your employee, Lauren, who showed us around. She was both enthusiastic and knowledgeable regarding the property and any details she was unable to provide, she later found out for us. We have viewed several properties over the years with different estate agents but we both agree Lauren's personality and professionalism singled her out as one of the best!
Mr and Mrs P - Residential Sales
- Residential Lettings – (James)
- "Both Jo and I have always found Heather and Lay to be fantastic letting agents, always keeping us well informed of any issues arising with the properties and dealing with those issues with their professional tradesmen, whenever we have had to re-let a property Heather and Lay have always provided a fast efficient service that is second to none. I would always recommend Heather and Lay to my friends"
- Good Team Approach
- "The overall service was always above average. there is clearly a good team approach, ensuring that we were kept well informed and always reassured that everyone was working in our best interests. this achieved a successful sale within a relatively short time - well done"
Mr and Mrs S Residential Sales
- Residential Lettings – (Mr H)
- "The service is notably better to be honest. More informative and better, sharper staff...... it's really encouraging to see the change for the better"
- Residential Lettings – (Mrs M)
- "We are very pleased with the service that H&L provide for us as our letting agents and are particularly happy with the individual service, attention and communication provided by yourself. It is really helpful to be able to deal with one person who is so knowledgeable about our individual situation. Good news about the house clean this morning and hopefully the garden spruce-up next week"
- Friendly Staff and Kindness Shown
- "This move was brought about through circumstances beyond my control. the friendly staff and the kindness shown from John Lay downwards, helped immensely - thank you"
Mr and Mrs W - Residential Sales